Quick Tips to Stop Stress
In these late stages of winter, when you are dodging potholes, and fighting snowy drives, you might find yourself tense and irritable. In other words, you are feeling stressed.
The American Heart Association offers these “emergency stress stoppers” to help calm down the next time you feel you are under too much pressure:
- Before you begin to speak, count to 10 and take several deep breaths.
- Walk away from whatever is stressful, and decide to come back to it later. Break it down into smaller problems that are easier to address individually if there’s a big problem.
- Take a walk. If you’re driving, stay in the slow lane, away from heavy traffic.
- Say you’re sorry if you’ve made a mistake.
- Set your watch five to 10 minutes ahead if you’re repeatedly stressed about being late.
- Do something to make yourself happy and relaxed, such as hugging a loved one, giving or smelling a flower, or giving someone a smile.
And the final, and best, way to de-stress is to combine the tips above with a massage with Cade that will relax your muscles and release the toxins that make you tense.