Massage Benefits: 10 Self-Care Steps to Getting Healthy
We all get sick with colds, and you will get better much faster by taking care of you and resting! And getting healthy is always the best focus.
1. Ask for help from your spouse and child if they are old enough.
You’ll be surprised how well they respond.
2. Have some easy meals in the cabinet or freezer in case you’re not up to cooking (healthy canned soup, frozen veggies, and quick rice are great).
3. Eliminate what you can from your work load. Many things, such as housework can wait!
4. As far as going to your job when you are ill, it’s much better to call in for a day or two then to try to do too much and end up being sick for longer. You’ll be a lot more productive if you can just stay home and get well! If that’s not an option, just take care of your most important tasks and then go home.
5. I also use aromatherapy oils in the diffuser by my bed. I feel like that really helps to support my immune system.
6. Epson salt baths are very good for sore muscles and achy muscles when you’re sick. Also keep zinc capsules or products like Cold EZE handy. The zinc works with the magnesium to help your body heal fast.
7. Let your kids watch movies or do whatever it takes to get your rest.
8. I find that when I do get sick it’s when I have let some of my self-care slide such as being overly busy, skipping green smoothies, not getting regular massage and not getting enough sleep.
9. It is very tempting to just try to push through and carry on with your regular schedule even when you’re sick. We all want to do it all and accomplish our goals, but by resting and taking care of yourself you’ll be back at it faster and healthier and stronger!
10. And don’t forget to reschedule your massage appointment. Call me at 612-269-2207
Here are some of the massage benefits you’ll receive.